AWARDS & HONORS
Monmouth University Fraternity & Sorority Advisor of the Year (2023)
- Advisor of the Year award winners are volunteer advisors to either a fraternity or a sorority in the Monmouth University community. The winner of this award is dedicated to guiding and advising their chapter to go above and beyond expectations by motivating members to their fullest potential.
New Jersey Charter Schools Association – Advocate of the Year (2013)
- Advocate of the Year award winners are community partners that demonstrate leadership and participation in supporting charter schools. Award winners show leadership in their communities by promoting the mission of high quality charter schools.
Curtis G. Shake Award for Most Outstanding Regional Volunteer (2006 – 2008)
- Sigma Pi Fraternity has approximately 35 regional volunteers who are asked to oversee the operations of the chapters and alumni associations in their region. These volunteers are tasked with visiting each active chapter once per semester and hosting one regional workshop each semester. New Jersey has 11 active chapters and 6 alumni associations. This national award is presented once every two years to one regional volunteer.
Lyle H. Smith Award for Most Outstanding Local Volunteer (2002 – 2006)
- Sigma Pi Fraternity has approximately 120 local volunteers who are asked to oversee the operations of an active chapter. These volunteers are tasked with promoting the risk management policies of the Fraternity and advising on chapter finances, community service activities, and other required activities. Local volunteers interact with local chapter leadership and develop the leaders of their chapter both personally and professionally. This national award is presented once every two years to one local volunteer.
Rutgers University’s Arthur Holland Ethics in Government Fellowship (2005)
- This fellowship program was once housed at the Edward J. Bloustein School of Planning and Public Policy at Rutgers University. This competitive award is given to a graduate student who focuses their research on ethics and social responsibility in local government.
Lothar I. Iverson Graduate Student Volunteer Fellowship (2004 & 2005)
- At the time when these awards were received, this competitive award was given to a local alumnus of Sigma Pi Fraternity to pursue an advanced degree while also working to advise a local chapter of the Fraternity.
Monmouth University Greek Life Man of the Year (2003)
- This competitive award is given to the individual who shows exemplary leadership in the Monmouth University fraternity and sorority community.
Monmouth University Award for Exemplary Greek Leadership (2002)
- This award is given to the individual who shows outstanding leadership throughout the entire Greek Life system at Monmouth University. This accolade is not an annual award, but instead is awarded as the Student Life administration deems appropriate based on the abilities and leadership potential of the leaders in the Greek Life system.